We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Data Engineer focused on leading and executing the company’s data development initiatives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and building scalable data pipelines, integrating and transforming data from multiple sources, and ensuring the data is accurate, consistent, and reliable.
To achieve this goal, the Senior Data Engineer will bring engineering and data skills, contributing with hands-on development, ensuring good data governance, and will collaborate with data analysts, data scientists, and software engineers to deliver high-quality data-driven solutions.
Through this role, the Senior Data Engineer will help establish a continuous improvement mindset, with special attention to keeping a steady data stack, as well as improving product technical documentation to help Caravelo achieve a continuous data improvement strategy.The Team
Our team is encouraged to unleash their passion, creativity, and energy to deliver exceptional travel experiences that enrich people’s lives. We work together to achieve common goals, prioritize customer needs, and take ownership of our work to make things happen, no matter what challenges we may face.
At Caravelo, we believe that innovation is key to success, and we encourage our team to explore new ideas and approaches to travel, cultivating curiosity and openness along the way. We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone can be their authentic selves, bring their unique perspectives and experiences to the table, and have fun while doing it.
Join us at Caravelo and be a part of a team that is dedicated to making a difference in the world of travel.What will you do?In 1 Month
In 3 Months
- Meet the team, engage with all team members.
- Gain a high-level understanding of our business.
- Learn the CVO legacy and new data stacks and how they are set up for the specific product lines.
- Become acquainted with how we use Data in Caravelo.
In 6 months
- You are equipped by now to develop a strategic plan for our data.
- You own the ETL process for the new Data Platform.
- You team up with Product PM, Data Analysts, and Engineering to set up an efficient data transformation layer workflow for at least our Subscriptions product.
- You put emphasis on planning, building, and delivering work following best practices.
- You have in mind security standards when delivering code and solutions.
- Your solution in place delivers accurate and reliable reports to the entire company.
- Help onboard new Data Engineer members through mentorship and technical documentation.
- You find innovative ways to build solutions aligned to our Data Strategy, actively contributing to the future of the company.